Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Popular Dog Breeds and their Common Health Issues

WebMD's Slide show on the 25 Most Popular Dog Breeds and their Health Concerns

Check out this link above for information on common dog health concerns and issues based on WebMD's take on the "25 Most Popular Dog Breeds."

WebMD (www.webmd.com) is a website with insightful information mostly dealing with human health problems. There are forums and discussion boards, a medical dictionary, a pill identifier, tools to help you evaluate the "healthiness" of your behaviors and daily routine - like the Symptom Checker and the dieting healthy tool, access to bunches of articles on health topics. This is all for people and like I said before, it is more of a person-oriented website rather than appealing to all the pet owners and animal-lovers in the world. The point I'm trying to make is that WebMD's information that is made available to the public is high quality. I haven't come across a single article, picture, chart, or slide show that didn't have nearby the name of an expert/professional who advises the printing of the article. WebMD, on their home page, has a toolbar at the top of its page to organize its files and articles and such. On the very end of the toolbar is a page link labelled "Pet Health." Under this link, you will find many articles pertaining to the health of pets - mostly dogs and cats.

There is also another website I have come across in my research and I'm not sure if it's legit, but still I thought it worth sharing with my readers so you all could discover it for yourselves.
The website is listed as www.petmd.com. Please check it out and let me know what you think of both of these sites listed here today. I plan on checking out "PetMD" a little further myself as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment